How To Come Up With 4th Grade Opinion Essay Topics
An opinion essay is relatively similar to a persuasive or argumentative paper, in that you will be trying to convince the reader of a particular point of view. Ultimately, one of these different types of essays will follow a relatively similar format, depending upon the precise requirements of the work.
For example, a relatively simple paper, which is what most fourth-grade students will have to write, will generally require you to write an introductory paragraph, in which you will state the particular opinion that you will be discussing. As well as informing the reader of the general opinion that you will talk about, you may also give some brief background related to that opinion, so that they fully understand what to expect from the rest of the paper.
The next few paragraphs will be used for the body section of your work, which will require you to outline a range of different points, which help to demonstrate why you have formed the opinion that you have. The number of paragraphs that you will need to use for the body section will very much depend upon any requirements set; for example, a five paragraph paper will need you to use the middle three paragraphs for the body section.
The final paragraph will be the conclusion. It is in the conclusion that you draw the rest of the work together, and you will need to do this by referring to any points that you have already made.
Now that you have a good idea of how to structure the work, it can help to think of a good topic. Essentially, you need to choose something that will allow you to write logically according to the structure that you need to use. For example, some of the ideas listed below would be suitable for a fourth grade opinion essay.
- Playing sport for real is better than playing sports based video games
- Listening to music is more enjoyable than watching films
- The weekends are better than weekdays
- Chocolate is the best flavor of ice cream
- Young people have more fun than old people
- It is better to be poor and happy rather than rich and unhappy
- The Internet is the greatest invention of all time
- Boys make better friends than girls do
- Schoolchildren should be given free laptops or tablets to help them learn
- Students should not have to do homework for more than one different subject per night